The health care system is getting increasingly more impersonal so you will have to take charge of your own health structure. Here are some inside tips from the doctor side that should help.
Choose your primary care doctor carefully.
• Make sure that the doctor is on your insurance plan
• Ask other people about their experience
• How are the people at the front desk?
• Do you see the physician or mid level provider ?( often I prefer the Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant)
• Do you see the same person every time
• Is the physician on time?
• Does he or she take the time to understand your problem?
• Are your questions answered?
• Can he or she be reached after hours?
Get information about the provider before you sign on